This is a continuation of testing of materials for the head shaped form that is part of the piece.
Tried variations for the papier-mache clay...these affect the texture. I want to have something that speaks skin texture, not clay texture. At this point the clay seems to have a lot of fiber. Probably due to the brand of TP I used (Kirkland courtesey of Costco). A little difficult to spread, but once covered and dry, I am sure I'll be able to sand it to desired smoothness. This is what I have so far:
The mixture of TP for paper, joint compound, white glue, and flour, is the basis for my Papier-mâché Clay. I got the recipe from an artist who formulated the recipe over 10 years ago. She has used it as the basis for nearly 300 works over that time.